Interview Tips, Part II
We’re following up from a post we shared with you on January 9, 2012. Here are some more interview tips that might help when you get contacted for an interview.
1) Read through the job description again before the interview. You’ll want to do this before you apply to the job in the first place, but a quick review of the job description will help refresh your memory.
2) If there is more than one interviewer and they take turns asking you questions, turn to that interviewer when he or she asks their question. When you’re answering, answer to the entire group.
3) Follow up.
- Did a question trip you up during the interview? Did the answer come to you after the interview was over? Send an email or give the head of the search committee a call to give them your answer.
- Shows you don’t give up and that you are interested in the position.
4) Send a handwritten thank you note to each interviewer.
5) Make eye contact and smile!
We’ll also have a few tips on what not to do and what to do during a phone interview. Good luck, BPSers!